Tuesday, May 6, 2014

By Doing Good

"For it is God's will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish people" 
~ 1 Peter 2:15

There is the saying "Be the change you want to see in the world".

credit: publicdomainpictures.net

Another way of thinking about it might be phrased as - "be the people you want to see in the world".

People may think that I am foolish for believing in Christ.  For following Him.

They may think I am ignorant, or naive. Or just plain crazy.

But if I truly follow Christ and live as He would have me live - if I am kind to others, peaceful in trials, joyful in all circumstances, and filled with trust and hope in Him - surely they can't help but to see the difference He has made in my life.

If I do good and follow His will it might make others pause and think.

And maybe... just maybe... make them take a second look at their own beliefs about God.  And in that reflection and exploration of their own hearts - maybe they will find Him there for themselves.

3 comments:

  1. I can understand non Christians looking at you as if you are crazy. How about Christians who wonder if you are "off" when you begin to tell them about miracles and walking in the Spirit? I gave up not caring what people think a long time ago. Just be yourself and move when Jesus says to launch out. Thank you for sharing your wonderful post with us here at “Tell Me a Story.”

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO agree with You both! Hazel's words above are the sad Truth to many Beliverstoday. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Joyful in all circumstances" I love that and it's the basis of faith. Keep the faith!
    www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!