Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Post-Mother's Day

Happy belated Mother's Day to all the mothers, mothers to be, and mother-figures out there! I hope each and everyone of you felt as pampered and loved as I did on Sunday.

I spent Saturday afternoon with my mother and daughter.  We all went for coffee and then I took them for a little pedicure pampering.  We left the nail salon feeling relaxed and quite cute with our bright little toes. And of course, a little retail therapy!


Sunday morning, the Man of the House prepared me The Pioneer Woman's Croissant French Toast  (yeh - have I mentioned he can cook, too? I know... I am one super blessed gal!)  with strawberries, orange juice, and mocha lattes.  All with some lovely roses decorating my breakfast tray.



The family showered me with gifts - some items I have been longing over for a while now, but never bought for myself.  (Hint: over time create a Pinterest board of items you see and want, then share it with family once a gift giving holiday draws near. It works!)

While the males went to have lunch the the Man of the House's mother - the female offspring and I ran off to the beauty supply store (you know... for beauty supplies) and indulged in some LemonBerry slush and chili cheese tots from Sonic.  So good... and oh, so bad!

Then the day was topped off with the males fixing dinner.  Reuben sandwiches... yummy!


On Monday I had a few people ask me if I had a nice Mother's Day.  And what I wanted to say was:  "Of COURSE I had a nice day.  It's impossible not to when I have such a wonderful husband and a couple of pretty great offspring! Not to mention an adorable little grand son!"

And you know what... it's true!

First of all, I wouldn't even be on the receiving end of Mother's day celebrations if it weren't for them.  If that handsome loving man hadn't made me a mom to those two awesome young people, I wouldn't even be writing this sort of post today.  (I suddenly feel like an academy award winner... "I'd like to thank the people who made this all possible"...)  

And if they weren't the thoughtful, generous, loving people they are - it could have turned out to be a pretty miserable day.  But thankfully, I am hugely blessed to have these people in my life.  And I do want to thank them for a lovely weekend.

I can only hope all of you were treated to the same sort of pampering I received.  Shoot... I'll bet even half as much would leave a mom feeling loved and appreciated!


post signature

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your lovely Mother's day story with us here at “Tell Me a Story.”: http://letmetelluastory.blogspot.com/ Your day was truly special and I know the men enjoyed the day too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely day. I am very blessed!

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!