Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Under Attack

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full" ~ John 10:10
Credit: publicdomainpictures.net

The enemy attacks me over and over and over again in the same sensitive area - my confidence.

I hear the whispers that I am not good enough, pretty enough, smart enough... that I am just... not enough.  That others are judging me and finding me lacking. Because I am lacking in some vital way.

It's painful.  It's terrifying.  It fills me with fear.  It can paralyze me and keep me from stepping out and chasing my dreams.

"But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one" ` 2 Thessalonians 3:3

I have to remind myself daily to shut out the lies.  To replace them with God's truth.  That I am loved.  I am cherished.  I am enough through the only judge that matters.


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Becky, shut out the lies. You are good enough and pretty enough. You are a beautiful lady but more important, it is to be beautiful on the inside with tphe Holy Spirit living in and through you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!